Dienstag, 5. April 2011

The Warlock Imbecile

Nearly two months no “blogging” – shame on me! During that time Chinese New Year passed by, my dad visited me, some friends from Hamburg moved to Shanghai, I finished my fundraising for the “Million Tree Project”, and much more happened.

I could bore with all the details from those events and many more…but I won´t. Why? Because I will tell you something that happened on Tuesday morning on my way to work.

The compound I live in has a shuttle bus to the next subway station. It is really convenient not to be stuffed in one of the public busses with approximately 10.000 other people on their way to work. Anyway, as we drove along the main street to the metro station suddenly some of the people rushed to the windows of the bus to take a look at something that looked like an enormous fire (compared to the smoke we saw). In fact it was “only” a motorcycle so most of the people got back to their seats with a little disappointing look on their faces...it looked like nobody died = BORING!

I myself took a little longer look at the motorbike or what was left of it: completely covered by a big fireball, burned down to its very last…and a guy staring at it.
Seriously: A Chinese man standing right next to the burning remains of what used to be one of these motorbikes that carry either 10 people or 10 gas bottles. The last one might by the reason for the fire. Back to our Chinese “voyeur”: Standing 50 cm far away from the fire must be pretty hot but he didn’t seem to care. Watching straight into the fire with thick black smoke coming straight into your eyes must be pretty hurtful, but our homeboy didn’t seem to care about that as well. So why did he do it?

Two possible answers both of the leading to same conclusion.
First answer: He is some kind of warlock (random input here: Charlie Sheen, you´re the man!!) who can see the future when he looks into fire. Of course the smoke clouds come in different shapes which all indicate a different person’s future.
Second answer: He never saw a fire before. Highly likely in the modern world since everything is only electrical and there are too less fires in buildings right now.
Conclusion: He is an f$%kin imbecile.

Standing there staring at some random fire on the street with the dumbest expression on the face ever seen by mankind…jeez he has to be even more stupid than his face-expression! In the end I have to thank him somehow…he made my day start with a good laugh!

So much so far…hope I gave you another view into my daily life and what happens around me.
Next week I am going to the Inner Mongolia to plant trees there for my organization “Roots&Shoots”. I gotta admit, really looking forward to it :-) It should be fun and pretty breathtaking to see the desert, the planted trees and finally a REAL rural area in China. I will most-def keep you updated how my trip was and maybe surprise you with a spontaneous update this week ;-)

Till then – Take Care

L.

Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen