Dienstag, 4. Januar 2011

Happy New Year!

Happy New Year to my loyal blog readers!!
I hope everyone had a good New Years Eve and you got to party, enjoyed time with your family or simply got smashed!

My New Year’s celebration was pretty good. First I had a dinner at my favorite Thai restaurant “Simply Thai”. The food is amazing!! It is nearly as good as the food I ate when I was in Thailand. Commonly “Simply Thai” is regarded as the best Thai food east of Thailand. When I try to be critical about the food I simply have to admit that it is too good to bitch about that maybe the service is sometimes a little bit too slow. They actually are really sometimes not of the brightest kind of mankind but anyway they speak pretty good English. And not like the one waitress at “Mr. Pancake House” who starts EVERYTHING with an “Excuuuuuse me” in the worst Chinese accent to use. She is seriously annoying!

Anyway, I was going to talk about my New Years Eve. After the dinner we went to a friend’s apartment and the way to it we wanted to buy tickets for the performance of some German/Austrian DJs and thought that a nice tiny can in our hands would be a nice companion on the way to the club. It wasn’t…it was freezing and holding a can of cold “Tsingtao” beer didn’t really warm me up. Ten or twelve would have. But one cold can in my cold hand with strong wind on 31st of December didn’t. Spiritually it cheered me up but I am no Shaolin monk who can easily blank out everything around him, including the freezing weather and just focus on the happiness in his mind the beer can brought upon him. As I write this down write I gotta admit that I am kind of jealous. Being a Shaolin monk seems kinda cool. On the other hand I am not sure whether a Shaolin monk is allowed to drink “Tsingtao”.

But actually the way to the club, the “Mao Livehouse, was worth it. The party was a blast with good music, good people and good (Chinese standard) beer. Overall a pretty good way to celebrate the new year coming and even to celebrate a little longer than the big 00:00 ;-)

So know we have 2011. It still feels a little strange to type it. 2 0 1 1. I am not yet sure whether I should announce some good intention. Normally nobody sticks to all intentions announced on the first of January so I guess I will still wait a little bit. To be fair…most of the intentions are announced under the influence of large amounts of alcohol.

Now I will finish work and go to enjoy all-you-can-eat-and-drink Teppanyaki. The all-you-can-drink nothing for me today due to the chore called work tomorrow morning and the with work hand-in-hand going 7 am getting up but anyway the food there is good so I don’t need to get loaded to bear the food there.

Be tensed to hear about my intentions or no-intentions!

Cheers
L.

Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen