Mittwoch, 17. November 2010

Wake Up, Sweet Buttercup

Beep…(My first thought was a fire alarm)…Beep…(what the…)…Beeeeeeeep! “It is now 6 am Beijing time.” (Utterly terrible loud noise aka. entrance jingle of the news at 6 am that made bed vibrating and me wanting to punch somebody in the face)”Welcome to Shanghais morning news!”

Goooood Morning Shanghai! Screw you big time! What I had to witness yesterday morning was the alarm clock /TV of my host family at 6 in the morning. Just for your consideration: I have to get up at 7 and I really need every minute of my sleep. I live in a two stories apartment with me and the “A yi” living on the first, the mother, dad and my host sister living on the second one. The TV/alarm clock is standing in the living room of the first floor pretty much right in front of my room. I really don’t know why but why in world do they have to set an alarm clock on a TV in the living room when they are sleeping on floor upstairs and my “A yi” has its own TV in her room. I really don’t get it and it makes fricking furious. They pulled up the volume to some extend I have never heard before. It is ok if it´s just for 5 minutes, maybe 10…wait no it is not OK to wake me an hour before I have to get up. Anyway they left the TV switched on with no change of volume for the damn long time of 45 minutes. During that time screaming (the biggest hobby of them Chinese people I will write something about it sometime) entered the “background noise”, breakfast was taking with of course no change of volume. Even me with one not so thick wall that protected me against the noise of the TV was nearly made deaf and I don’t understand how they even tried to communicate with each other…the screaming explains a lot but basically they are screaming the whole time. It seems they are not concerned at all with my sleep and whatever. Nevertheless I don’t want to complain too much, they are actually they are having me for no profit and I get free meals and stuff.

In the end I woke up with the wish to kill someone but everybody left, even the A yi so I went embittered to the bathroom to take a shower, which many Chinese people actually are not doing in the morning

Sorry for me being such a pussy but it made me seriously very angry and I really wanted to kick somebody’s face or butt or just hurt somebody. Had to get this one of my chest!

Enjoy and never ever use your TV-alarm clock when you are having some guests. Please just do me this one favor.
L.

Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen